“Le Bas des Vignes “ is the start of many trips and visits.
Here are severial ideas ,La Rochelle with its old port , Niort and its donjon , Rochefort , the” Corderie Royale” and the “Hermione” ,as well as fishing villages well known for mussles and oysters .
Next to the Atlantic Ocean , this ancient gulf , le Golfe des Pictons , has left a large area of marshland . Through centeries men developed this immense region now classed« Grand Site de France »
To see : – Venise Verte
– marshlands villages , Maillé,Damvix , Arçais , Coulon
– romans churchs
To do : – walking , cycling ,horse riding
– boat trips leave from numerous landings to discover canals
– sea side resorts and their long sandy beaches : Tranche-sur-Mer , Sables d’Olonne
– Islands : Ile de Ré , Ile d’Oléron , Ile de Noirmoutier , Ile d’Yeu , Ile d’Aix
– Puy du Fou , go back in time in the ” Grand Parc”, watching the evens and , at night , there is the ” Cinéscénie” .
– Futuroscope , park dedicated to the image in all its forms.
Villages of interest
–abbays of Maillezais , Nieul-sur-l’Autize
–Vouvant ,village of painters , classed” One of the most”
–Faymoreau ancient mining village
–Fontenay-le-Comte , ancient capital of Bas-Poitou region , castel of Terre Neuve , river ” Vendée”
–Luçon :the garden “Dumaine”
–La Rochelle , Old Port , aquarium, museums
–Rochefort , “Corderie Royale” , the boat ” L’Hermione”
–Niort , Donjon , churchs , the central food market
The forest of Mervent, numerous pathways , children play ground , boat hire at the lake
To reserve , contact us